Monday, November 8, 2010

Mr. Telephone, Mannnn

I've come to the conclusion that sometimes they just don't call. I'm very smart, I know. But I'm being serious. Sometimes, even when the date is great, or the connection is there, or there's a giant billboard that says: you two belong together, they still don't call. I don't know why, I could say I don't care, but then I wouldn't be dedicating a post to it (aside from the fact that I've had major writer's block).

There's times I don't call and I know my reasons usually have to do with one of three things:

Life gets in the way, which is really kind of a cop out because people make time for the things they want to make time for, but nonetheless it's a reason. Sometimes I look up and realize it's been a week since I talked to my mother, showered, or ate! Well, not really, but there are definitely times where I just totally get involved in my life and forget to call you back. Sometimes it's personal, a lot of the time, it isn't. Life was just way more important than you at the time. And I have a terrible memory, so once it's out of my mind, it's gone.

Pride gets in the way. The days pass and you realize said person hasn't called or contacted. When you bring it up to your friends, they say, "Why don't you just call him/her?" Eh, gets tricky. At a certain point, your ego gets slapped and you say, "No! I'm not calling him/her! S/he should call me!" I got a big egoooo, such a big egoooo.

Someone else gets in the way. One of my oldest and bestest male friends told me long ago: when a man isn't giving you attention, he's giving it to someone else. Street goes both ways for men and women. If someone isn't chasing after you, it may very be because s/he's chasing after someone else.

Those are my reasons and this post also acts as an update to the "blind" date I went on a couple weeks ago. He ran back and told his friend how much he liked me, wanted to hang again, but then never did. I got a random text from him several weeks later about something we discussed on the date, but nothing more, so I just let it move out my phone. It's not that big of a deal, but I am surprised. Still any number of things could've happened to keep him from calling, but what it all boils down to is that he just wasn't into me enough to pick up the phone (beyond that text). Oh well, I'm not supposed to be around boys anyway, so maybe someone was stepping in on my side :-/

That bitch stole my line,

xoxo
Blackie Collins

1 comment:

  1. Girl, asking and wondering why a guy doesn't call after having a great time with you is like asking and wondering how can the earth spin on it's on axis while going around the sun and not falling out of orbit....I know far fetch huh? But you get my drift. You just don't know.

    A.D.

    ReplyDelete