Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dude Sit Down!: Sensitive Thugs Need Hugs

You know, I'm sincerely starting to think that the pigs are flying, the chickens have come home to roost and all the other impossibles are happening. Men are so over sensitive! I think they may be more sensitive than babies or puppies or six year old girls. I'm so serious. I have run into more guys whose egos have been crushed at some point in time and have subsequently had more jumbled up feelings than a psychotherapy session.

Several months ago, I was sleeping with this guy. And it was literally just that. Say what you want about jump offs, but that's really all it was. And it was working just fine. But things got a little messy after it stopped. There were rumors spread, things embellished, words said. Our last encounter wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. It was left unresolved, which happens in life, so who cares. Eventually it just resolves itself.

Fast forward all these months and everyone's over it...right? Apparently not. I mean, I am, but he's still crying about it I guess. A friend of mine is coming to town and she's staying with me. She's also friends with him and when she told him she was coming to the city, he was all about hanging out, as usual. She said of course, but wanted to let him know that she was staying with me to which his response was literally:

"......."

She told him to settle himself, she was staying with me and that was that. Now, she's my girl for a reason. She went on to tell him that I had built a bridge, gotten over it, and then burned the bridge down-that's how much I didn't care anymore. After much hemming and hawing, he had the nerve to say, "Well, okay. I don't want to not see you. That's stupid."

Damn right it's stupid, but what's stupid is his attitude. Get the hell over it already. I haven't thought about him since then, so my thoughts on the matter are : "huh?" Maybe he was more into it than I thought. There was this one night when he drunkenly told me he loved me. I thought it was the liquor talking, I still do, but his crazy behavior has me rethinking all of it. As in, shouldn't have even bothered.

Get a life and when you get one, please omit me from it.

That bitch stole my line,

xoxo
Blackie Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment