Monday, August 10, 2009

Liar, Liar, Skirt on fire

Girls. Lie.  We lie to ourselves and everyone around us.  This blog is about the girl who tricks you into thinking she's too cool for school.  The girl who always says, "I'm not like the other girls."  Yes, the eff, you are, simply because you just uttered those words.  Buck up and sell that shit somewhere else.  It's okay to be like others sometimes.  I don't mind being like my mom or like Michelle Obama or Meryl Streep.  I think I'm an individual, that I walk to my own drummer and that I am my own woman, but I'd never be so bold as to think that I'm the first person to do anything, because I'm not an idiot.  There have been trillions of people to touch this earth; something tells me I'm not the first to _________(fill in the blank).  


This stems from looking at the chicks on whatever social networking site whose profile picture is usually them in a catsuit, spread eagle or showing their breasts, but their ABOUT ME section says, "Writer, intellect, lover of God, and dogs."  Hmmm, seriously?  Who are you trying to convince?  Or the girls who utter the words, "I don't usually do this, but____."   Whatever, yes you do!  This isn't the first time you had sex on the first date.  This isn't the first time you've gotten so drunk, you vomited all over the street and cab.  This isn't the first time you've dated a guy for 2 weeks and cried when he "broke up" with you.  Nor is it the first time you ate the entire drive-thru menu in one sitting.  It just isn't, so stop saying it is.  Now, granted it may not be a usual occurrence but my goodness, stop playing it off like you never do the dumb things that girls do!   


Instead, be an adult, claim it, be proud.  Don't pretend you cut your hair, when all you did was take out your weave.  Be you!  Mistakes and all and for heaven's sake, quit lying to yourself.  You are just like other girls...simply because you are one.  Now go roar and all that jazz.


That bitch stole my line,


xoxo

Blackie Collins

1 comment:

  1. Dope blog. I just discovered it from St. Randy's. I will be back to check on you. You seem honest and real-something rare. Stop by my blog whenever you have a minute and leave a comment or two. Nice Movie list...but you are missing something notable.

    Bond. Blk Bond.

    ReplyDelete