Monday, December 14, 2009

Songs to Make Your Bed Rock


I have nothing to write about today. Well, let me rephrase that. I have lots to talk about, but I might be the horniest person walking the planet right now so I'm kind of, um, distracted. I think I've made it incredibly clear on my blog that I'm a sexual person. It's no secret that I'm into grown folks business, so pick your bottom lip from the ground, get that sneer of judgment off your face. Thank you.


Moving on.


So I am sitting here, MAC in my lap, listening to Aretha, trying to write a blog about something I could care less about. Aretha ends and Trey Songz's crooning fills the room. Sheesh, really? Am I crazy or what? Does he just know what to say? Like exactly. Got dang it. In honor of him and my horribly fresh thoughts: Here are some "Get It In" songs-in no particular order. They're are definitely some missing, so add your own if you want. I just like these, like...Right. Now.


Neighbors Know My Name- Trey Songz

Every single line in this song drives me insane. Forget that, most of the album does. I love how Trey sings about putting it on his woman. How he just needs to please her and that's all. And you dudes wonder why all the girls go crazy over him. Have you seen his abs? Have you heard him sing? Spare me.


Bed- J. Holliday

The instrumental of this song along makes me think back to Art of Noise's Moments In Love. I


Janet Jackson- Anytime, Anyplace

I remember being a senior in high school and playing this song over the phone to my then boyfriend, like I was all kinds of fresh. I was such a tease. I've graduated to really doing it anytime, anyplace. Love this song.


Let's Get It On-Marvin Gaye

I was trying to keep it current, but this is an obvious choice.


How Does It Feel- D'Angelo

If he's doing it right, it'll feel kinda like that video looks. Amazing. This song also has personal meaning...which is both good and bad.


Nice & Slow- Usher

Usher often says he didn't know what he was talking about, singing songs like that when he was so young and inexperienced. I'll take Nice & Slow over Changing Places any day. Something about the opening bars that make me answer his question every single time ("Now, baby tell me what you wanna do with me?").


Take You Down- Chris Brown

Not sure what those little boys are doing these days, but yes, you can take me down if that's how it goes down.


That bitch stole my line,


xoxo

Blackie Collins

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you stole my bedroom bangers playlist, song for song!! That damn Trey Songz...

    ReplyDelete